Header Menu

Introduction to Taiko no Tatsujin Unlock Oni Difficulty Taiko no Tatsujin arcade latest news Taiko no Tatsujin Session de Dodon ga Don latest news Taiko no Tatsujin Atsumare Tomodachi Daisakusen latest news

Changelog Bar

Changelog (last update 23/08/2017)

Monday, February 27, 2012

pikaby asks: Your most memorable non-Namco Original song?

Phew, another week with no interesting news (though I'm fully expecting the March 2012 DLC songs to be announced for PSP DX this Thursday) so just a simple discussion question to go around!

Namco organized that 'Taiko Memories Poll' last year right? It covered all genres, but obviously the most focus was given to the Namco Original genre. What if we took that out of the equation? Now, which songs in all the other genres do you remember the most fondly, and would play over and over again regardless of difficulty level?

For me, Glamorous Sky by NANA. The first time I heard this song was not in Taiko no Tatsujin, but from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan on the Nintendo DS. I'm not a big fan of noisy rock songs, but the upbeat nature of Glamorous Sky really got to me, like no other rock song has ever done before. Then on the first arcade I played, which was a Taiko 8, imagine my surprise when I saw the song being in the tracklist! Truly a great moment as I took up the 5* Oni chart for the first time....and failed. Even now I refuse to call it a 5*. 600+ notes with tons of clusters and even a ddddkkkkd stream? Even by the new standards I think this would have been a 6*, very easily. Very fun chart once you start passing, and the music never, ever gets old. I play it every single time I get the opportunity to go back to that old Taiko 8.

Enough about me though. Let's hear from you guys!

11 comments:

  1. Mine is "Together" from Pokemon, this was the song which started my Taiko journey.
    Three years ago, I don't know anything about Taiko, until one day, I heard "Together" in an arcade shop, then I eventually found out it was from Taiko arcade.
    At the beginning, I love to play Taiko because I love this song, then after a while, I started to love other songs and try out the songs with higher difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most favorite song is "Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Neon Genesis Evangelion, which started my Taiko journey just like Lee Jia Yi.
    I forget when I discovered this song, but I remember that when I and my cousin (the game belonged to my cousin, though) played that song on Muzukashii, we were laughing as we couldn't pass it (we failed at triple-note cluster lol). Even when the Oni difficulty was unlocked, we could only watch it via Auto mode (it's too insane, I thought that time).
    After getting it for my own (it's hard to find Taiko PS2 in Indonesia) and watching the Autoplay on Youtube many times, I finally passed the song. I was very happy although it's not a full combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would be Dragon Spirit Medley. If not for that song, I wouldn't even be here right now as I would not have taken Taiko seriously.
    When I first started Taiko, I didn't know any of the songs, but then this one tune caught my attention and I played that thing religiously (it was the only song I played for weeks) until I broke into Oni territory.
    From that point on, that's when I started getting more into Taiko and the rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me it would be Dragon Spirit Medley. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be here since I wouldn't have taken Taiko seriously.
    When I first started, I didn't know any of the songs, but this one tune stuck out to me. I played that thing religiously (it was the only song I played for weeks) until I broke into Oni territory.
    After that is when I started to take Taiko seriously and the rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, let's see, tough choices here...
    ...

    ..

    .

    Yawaraka Sensha. Such an earworm, if anything I can actually play that song on repeat so many times on my MP3 player if I wanted to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, I think my favorite non-Namco Original is Hatsune Miku no Gekishou. That note chart seemed to be fun to do even though it was hard for me to play at first, I even FC'd that song and got to a million points. The very long clusters of notes with the continious dddddddddddddddddddddd seemed quite fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I was talking about which song was the most memorable for you, not your outright favorite song. Gekishou is a bit too new to be forging nostalgic memories yet don'tcha think?

      Delete
  7. Together, Doraemon no Uta (yes, don't laugh) and DAYBREAK BELL got me interested. Cruel Angel's Thesis helped me break the Oni barrier. Kurenai helps me train stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KAGEKIYO, it was one of the first songs I ever played and my favorite of taiko DS1. And KAGEKIYO Ura is even better, everytime I play Taiko Wii 4 I play KAGEKIYO Ura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, Kurenai and Kagekiyo :D I prefer KAGEKIYO as it gave me memories of playing that 5th arcade at tesco... and it was one of the first songs i passed in taiko no tatsujin :DDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, Kurenai and Kagekiyo :D I prefer KAGEKIYO as it gave me memories of playing that 5th arcade at tesco... and it was one of the first songs i passed in taiko no tatsujin :DDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete