The triumphant return of the Anniversary Quiz this year features six questions to coincide with the sixth anniversary! Is your knowledge as accurate as your Taiko drum hits?
The quiz features six main questions, with questions 1 and 4 featuring multiple portions to be answered separately. The participants have to answer to any number of questions of their choice,
Each of the contest entries have to be sent at email@example.com, writing the nickname to be inserted for the results announcements and any number of answers preceded by the related question's number. For questions 1 and 2, use letters to specify the part of the question to be answered (1a-1b-1c-1d; 4a-4b). The final score is calculated as follows: 3 points for every correct answer; 1 point for every answer that has not been given and 0 points for each incomplete/incorrect answer to a question/question portion.
The submission entry period will last from today -August 29th, 2016- to September 11th, 2016. The final results will be posted during the following week, with each contestant receiving a commemorative present through an e-mail message shortly after.
(1) Find out the song behind these partially-completed SotW tables:
[???] ??? ???
|All||x? (???)||x??? (???)||x??? (???)||x??? (???)|
|All||--||x??? (???)||x6 (230)||x??? (???)|
[???] ??? Harunaba feat. ???
|All||x4 (???)||x??? (???)||x??? (???)||x??? (9??)|
|All||x??? (1??)||x??? (2??)||x??? (3??)||x??? (616)|
(2) "Thank god you're back! I can't find anything last year and was in such a pickle! The last time I stumbled upon one of those Series pages but I forgot which exactly. What I do remember is that:
- more than half of the songs have English letters in them, but not all the songs do
- among all the latest Oni ratings, there are more 8s than 7s, and more 9s than 10s
- at least one song from the series appeared in 9 out of the 10 arcade firmware versions.
(3) Sympho-Neighbours and Sonority Scouts are new this year! Name four music/rhythm games that do not share any song with any Taiko no Tatsujin game ever.
(4a) Assume you live in the Saitama region, and one arcade center near your residence (i.e. you can walk there and not have to pay for travelling) has AC0 cabinets that runs on 100 yen for 3-song credits and Tokkun Mode at 290 Banacoins extra. Assume you also have all of Wii U, 3DS and PS Vita consoles but you do not have any of the Taiko games. What is the highest number of times you can play Yuugen no Ran on those AC0, for the same money you would need to buy the cheapest access to Yuugen no Ran on any one console?
(4b) Now assume you live in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong and is close to Namco Wonder Park Plus in World Trde Centre, and the same prices apply (except Hong Kong does not have Tokkun Mode), what is the maximum number of times here then?
(5) Name two songs featured in videos that went viral in a "look at this guy playing Taiko in this awesome/crazy manner" fashion.
(6) All but one out of the following J-POP and Anime genre songs have/had been subject to copyright takedowns or muting in relation to Taiko no Tatsujin. Choose the one song that has been takedown-free.
- Blue Bird
- Telecastic fake show
- PON PON PON
- Ikenai Borderline
- Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari