Header Menu

Introduction to Taiko no Tatsujin Unlock Oni Difficulty Taiko no Tatsujin arcade latest news Taiko no Tatsujin Session de Dodon ga Don latest news Taiko no Tatsujin Atsumare Tomodachi Daisakusen latest news

Changelog Bar

Changelog (last update 23/08/2017)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Updated top-song tiering

Hi guys, Zekira G. Drake here. Recently, the player-opinion-based tiering for hardest songs (in arcade) have been altered with the Taiko 14.5 update. From wikihouse: "AC13および14の選曲画面における難易度順は右から〆ドレー2000>燎原ノ舞>きたさいたま2000>またさいたま2000>はたラク2000>Black Rose Apostle(裏譜面)>Rotter Tarmination(裏譜面)。" For those with inability to recognize JP, this sentence basically says: that the order of songs from hardest difficulty: Shimedore2000->Ryougen no Mai->Kita saitama2000->Mata Saitama2000->Hataraku2000->Black Rose Apostle (Ura)->Rotter Tarmination(Ura) Back in AC13 and early AC14, this was the original tiering: Ryougen no Mai -> Kita Saitama2000-> Hataraku2000 -> Rotter Tarmination (Ura) So Shimedore, M.Saitama, and BRA (Ura) were the newest additions to the list. So what do you guys think? I have only one fret about it: why is BRA considered harder than Rotter? Both charts are just armrape fest so I think they're equal in that regard... but Rotter has many more complex patterns and even has a part that basically requires you to memorize... Is it all because BRA is much, much more tiring? I'm just happy that people will always remember Ryougen no Mai as one of the hardest songs. I'm not too much of a fan of the song, but there's this other factor that leads to me loving everything about it in general, song included. Some people here know what that is, lol~ I still can't get over how BRA suddenly intercepts though, lol. So... yeah. Now I need to FC M.Sai before I can get back my All God Songs trohpy back...

18 comments:

  1. "I'm not too much of a fan of the song"

    HAHAHAOHWOW.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're talking about the song... what about that oth---- *FAWLCONE PAUNCH'ED!*

    Still, the bigger thing that I can't believe is that Mata is considered harder than Hataraku. No way in hell do I agree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew RT ura was at the bottom of the original 4! I still consider it to be the hardest (of the original 4 except maybe kitasaitama).

    To me there are 2 types of ranks: hardest to pass & hardest to FC. I've passed Ryougen no mai, RT ura & hataraku on wii, matasaitama on PSP, and I have NOT passed BRA ura. -_-; Shimedore can either be easy (if you're accustomed to the 2000 series) or extremely hard. I think the other songs can be harder than Shimedore (it's not first place to me)

    But in terms of harder to FC I'd say ryougen is hardest. (the amount of hand-switching at such a fast BPM is scary...) --> hataraku --> kitasaitama --> matasaitama/ RT ura --> BRA ura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Crystal: I occasionally still listen to it 10+ times in a row though @_@

    By "not too much" I meant that I don't listen to it on a regular basis orz

    ReplyDelete
  5. The newest Taiko arcade I played was 12.5, for me, I think RT ura is harder than Ryogen and Kita2000 in terms of pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRA Ura [i]is[/i] a lot more tiring than Rotter, to the point where I actually get more misses on it than Rotter. Surprising :P

    As for Hataraku, after a few goes and some sequence memorizing it's actually one of the easiest god songs to get a score of above 900k on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only started playing taiko in early 2011 and I still can't pass much 10* songs, so..
    Though BRA Ura doesn't look as hard as Rotter, at least BRA has slow parts that let me win some score.. xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it's because my fingers aren't fast enough for Hataraku that I find it harder, yet on Matasaitama the only thing that really kills me is the final stream at the end, despite its fast BPM. If I can get that final stream down, I'd be pretty damn close to FC'ing it. Which is a huge improvement from Hataraku since that took me more tries to even just pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, it is little strange how matasaitama is considered harder than hataraku and rotter, i mean cmon, its not even as tiring or as hard to read than the those two but i think that shimedore being number one is pretty legit. i mean, its only easy to regulars because we're already familiar with every 2000 song but a first timer would definetely struggle alot with shimedore without prior knowledge of the other 2000 songs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I button spam a lot on hataraku (on the wii), that's why I could pass on my 2nd try. Unlike the DS, which took me half the year (and playing on the DS is comparable to the arcade minus stamina problem) -_-;

    Uh-huh. I think the only thing hard about matasaitama for me is its insane BPM (and that last stream). That's why I consider it to be near the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @betawatcher: and if you try playing it in an arcade, you'll realize how big a factor insane BPM is when determining a hard song...

    I think the people here are ranking the songs according to physical doability, as that is a limit that is set on the human body and needs to be strengthened, unlike sightreading which is easily trainable by instinct alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. by 'here' I mean the JP guys, oops

    ReplyDelete
  13. For guys like us who don't play on the arcade, we probably will not understand it fully.

    However, it's now that I realize that I DO MISS MORE ON BRA THAN ROTTER... Oh god.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that's an unfair comparison though since I've never missed on Rotter since the start of this year though...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Zekira YOU AND YOUR FCS D8

    Yup, I think you do have to play at the arcade first to get a good feel for the song. (but my country doesn't have the latest ACs yet so D8) I used my kitasaitama pass & hayasaitama FC on the arcade as a gauge to whether I could pass high BPM songs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. >AC H.Sai FC








    AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT IS WEAK TO HIGH BPM HERE?

    I MEAN, I COULDN'T TOLERATE ANYTHING ABOVE 200BPM.

    No seriously, my hand becomes real sore EVEN IF I'M JUST PLAYING THE CS VERSIONS ASFHASLFKHASFH

    Yeah, for those who don't know, BPM is my main weakness. Which is why for me, Kita Saitama will still be the most difficult song ever

    ReplyDelete
  17. I FC'ed Haya Sai on AC12.5 too. It just takes a bit of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Which I obviously never had the chance to do :< orzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete