Header Menu

Introduction to Taiko no Tatsujin Unlock Oni Difficulty Taiko no Tatsujin arcade latest news Taiko no Tatsujin Session de Dodon ga Don latest news Taiko no Tatsujin Atsumare Tomodachi Daisakusen latest news

Changelog Bar

Changelog (last update 08/12/2017)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

pikaby asks: Most annoying songs to FC?

Okay, I take it mostly everyone gathered here would already have some prior experience with playing Taiko, so let's talk some more about our experiences, shall we? I wanna hear about the songs you find difficult to full combo or to clear. Oh, but not the bunch of 'hardest songs of all time', I'm talking about songs that are supposedly easier but still give you trouble when playing.

I have quite a few myself...and none of them are 10* Oni songs. Topping the list is Okashi Deka no Uta, the YMCK song. And I thought Family Dondon was bad...not only was this a much harder song overall, but the killer streak was incredibly tough to manage for me, the part where the lyrics are about chocolate cake and everything is at double speed. I bet it was tough on everyone, right? Not really; people left and right had already mastered the song in a matter of weeks. And it took me something close to 7 months to get my first FC for it, and even now it's still a lucky break for me to perfect this song, though I don't mess up as often now on the chocolate cake bit. One of the 10* songs which has this same 1/6 to 1/4 pattern that always kills me off is IN THE ZONE.

Another bulls*** challenge to FC is Make Inu Henjou, from the Muscle March series, which I just FC'ed last week. Eh, I lied, I've FCed the song months ago. But it wasn't a proper FC, after trying for ages to finish that crazy stream before the path change, I finally get it right...only to be pushed down to Advanced Notes. This frustrating thing has already happened to me lots of times before. If I do make it up to Master Notes where the speedup part is, I never make it through without at least one miss (much to my dismay), and I can easily polish off the remainder of the song on Advanced but I'd be missing a few notes off the mark. But I was so sick of it by that time I just relented and FCed the song with the final portion being on Advanced. Only recently did I finally get lucky and clear the final part on Master to get the true full combo.

And the third one is Don Engasu no Fuefuki. It's a lovely song, and the notechart is all fine and good, but the stream that always forces me to break is in the exact middle of the song, and replaying one whole minute of slow and easy again and again just to practice that stream is so tiring...sometimes I just forget it and enjoy the rest of the notes.


Okay, now that's enough about me. Let's hear some from you~!

23 comments:

  1. any songs with streams like ddkddkddkddk and +160 bpm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you on don engasu... I managed to FC it by chance.

    For me my fingers can't reach the dkddk dkddkdd kddkkdkdk (see I memorized it already!!!) in LOVE ikusa in PSP to FC it. And the ddd ddk ddkkd in mint tears is hard to practise switching hands for... (the last stream used to be the hardest but I can play that part now)

    Oh, and Toccata to Fugue beginning, the ddkddddkk part, cos the changing speed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my compilation of the ones I personally find hard that aren't 10 star oni: http://goo.gl/hHtoH

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and those dddkkkdddkkk too...thanks for reminding me sp3000 lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHY IS NO ONE MENTIONING METAL FUCKING HAWK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO SERIOUSLY I DEMAND THAT METAL HAWK GETS SPECIAL MENTION.

    For a 10-star, Metal Fucking Hawk is easy except for that middle part >_< bitchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with pikaby, Okashi Deka no Uta is terrible, the craziest 9* song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I specially mentioned the ones that aren't 10* :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, time to argue with some of pikaby's choises: the songs you've posted are tricky just for a crazy pattern stack factor, while there are a LOT MORE frustrating for other players that (like me) lack on stamina streams and similar. It's all about player's "taiko-weaknesses", in a nutshell.

    That's why I think that to insert Make Inu Henjou in this list is nothing but a silly joke, while its place can be easily fit by that goddamned hand-tirener LOVE IKUSA AAAAAAAAA

    Rumble Ranbu Ura isn't that bad, after all. The regular one instead is a bit bastard for my fingers (uber-fast stacks T.t)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait nvm I can't really consider any 9-star song annoying so far lol :<

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE Ikusa? I thought that one was pretty easy to FC. Frankly for me, I'd have to agree on Okashi. I can and have FC'd it, but only when luck is on my side.

    Engasu, for me, is also relatively easy to FC. I guess it really just depends on the player itself.

    As far as 10* songs: EkiBEN, IN THE ZONE, and Mint Tears come to mind. All of them have just one portion where I mess up. I usually get around 5-6 misses on those things and it gets very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stamina doesn't make it frustrating to FC though, that pushes you to your limits, like, you know you can clear that stream but you need more energy to do it and you push yourself.

    Frustrating ones are things you can't clear and give you a headache everytime you play. In that regard Wanya World is much harder to FC than LOVE Ikusa (kdddkkdkddkkdkdk stream)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forgot all about Wanya World. Then there's Buru-chan no Oya 2. God I hate that song so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still struggle with Saitama 2000...
    I'm still practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some songs I hate to FC just cos the song is annoying overall. I know I can but I can't bear the tune. Like Buru-chan no Oya2.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh god Buru-chan.

    I'm not alone after all :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. how about mori no kumasan? haha impossible or angel dream ura? took me weeks =.=

    ReplyDelete
  19. For those two songs (and for Rinda Ura) it's all about mnemonic skills. Too bad I'm too lazy to remember all those patterns (even if for Rinda is easy, it replicates the last regulart Oni chart lololol)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What about Kurenai? I have Taiko iPhone and this is just impossible (for me) to FC it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Play it on something with buttons or on the arcade and Kurenai actually isn't so bad. You just need some dexterity on the dddkkkdddkkk parts

    ReplyDelete